10TH CAMP HOSPITAL
COORPAROO, BRISBANE, QLD
|visits since 25 September 2005|
A large home in Beresford Terrace, Coorparoo was used as the 10th Camp Hospital (or 10 Australian Camp Hospital 10 ACH). This large home is now occupied by the Xavier Special School. The 10th Camp Hospital was attached to the 101st Australian Convalescent Depot (101ACD), which was situated about four hundred yards away at Loreto Convent. The Sisters and Mess Room were in another cottage near the large house, and beyond that were the tents for the nurses. The men at the 101 Australian Convalescent Depot were situated beyond Loreto Convent which was used as the Headquarters building for 101ACD, in the opposite direction to the nurses quarters.
10th Camp Hospital
Plan of 10th Camp Hospital
in March 1945
wedding of Frank Fraser and Pearl White (at left) at Raff Street Methodist
Toowoomba on 21 June 1943. The Groomsman was Gordon White, brother of the bride,
and the bridesmaid was Jean Fraser, twin sister of Frank Fraser. Frank Fraser met Pearl
at the 10th Australian Camp Hospital, Coorparoo, where he had been a malaria patient.
© Peter Dunn 2005
This page first produced 25 September 2005
This page last updated 09 April 2006