ROYAL AUSTRALIAN NAVY
|visits since 16 June 2007|
Steam Yacht "HMAS Adele"
Steam Yacht Adele (previously known as Franklin) was requisitioned by the Royal Australian Navy on 18 September 1939 and was commissioned as HMAS Adele (288 gross tons) on 24 October 1939. She was used as an Examination Vessel by the RAN during WW2.
HMAS Adele was fitted with two .303 inch Vickers machine guns.
In December 1941, HMAS Adele was attached to HMAS Maitland, the shore based Naval Depot in Newcastle as its Examination Vessel.
HMAS Adele was wrecked on the breakwater at Port Kembla in New South Wales on 7 May 1943.
Royal Australian Navy A - Z Ships, Aircraft
and Shore Establishments
by J.H. Straczek
© Peter Dunn 2006
This page first produced 16 June 2007
This page last updated 16 June 2007