ENGLISH SPEAKING UNION
The English Speaking Union (ESU) is a group of people dedicated to promoting international understanding and human achievement through the widening use of the English language throughout the world. To this end, the ESU:-
- promotes English in international public speaking and debate for the support of worldwide communication and dialogue.
- Encourages the enjoyment and constructive use of English through educational programmes
- Provides a forum for international friendship through its network of branches worldwide and its headquarters at Dartmouth House, London
- Initiates and administers international youth exchange and work experience programs
- Focuses on key current affairs issues through regular international conferences, seminars and meetings
- Provides and creates cultural activities
- Facilitates and authorises the establishment of ESU branches worldwide
- Ensures the co-ordination and coherence of its activities through the skill and dedication of its staff and voluntary helpers
- Relies upon the enthusiasm and support of all its members
- Works in close and innovative partnership with its corporate members and sponsors
The Queensland Branch of the ESU is housed in a very historic 3 level sandstone mansion called "Palma Rosa" located at Hamilton in Brisbane. "Palma Rosa" overlooks the Albion Park Racetrack and Breakfast Creek. It contains an Art Gallery for visiting collections and is an excellent venue for exhibitions, weddings and any other social functions.
The English-Speaking Union
9 Queens Road,
Phone 07-3262 3769
Fax 07-3256 1887
Can anyone help me with more information?
"Australia @ War" Research Products
© Peter Dunn 2015
This page first produced 4 October 2000
This page last updated 08 December 2017